Intermediates Assistant Coach
Intermediates Assistant Coaching Position:
Lake Merritt Rowing Club has an opening for an assistant coaching position for a Masters Intermediate-level group of men and women rowers of all ages. This group is composed of both beginning sweep rowers who have recently completed our learn-to-row class and more experienced recreational rowers (sweep and sculling). The ideal candidate should have competitive rowing and/or coaching experience and the desire to develop coaching skills. This individual will work under the Intermediates head coach, with great opportunities for growth and development.
Time commitment: Three practices/week
Practice times: Mondays/Wednesdays from 6:15-8:15 pm and Saturdays from 9:00-11:00 am
- USRowing Level I certification (at a minimum) or the ability to obtain this certification once hired
- Ability to obtain current CPR/First Aid certification, safe boating license/ability to drive a motorized launch and other certifications as necessary
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the Intermediates coach and rowers of various skill levels
- Adherence to LMRC policies/procedures/lake traffic pattern
- Sweep and sculling experience (preferred)
- Positive/encouraging attitude and desire to learn
- Educate rowers on proper rowing technique and responsibilities and promote safety on and off the water
- Perform basic maintenance and set-up of club boats, equipment, coaching launches and boathouse
- Help the Intermediates coach run practices and occasionally run practices on his/her own
- Attend coaches committee meetings as needed
Please send a letter of interest, resume including previous rowing and/or coaching experience, and at least two references to email@example.com. LMRC is committed to diversity and inclusiveness and encourages women, people of color, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people to apply.